Storage Shed Information
Looking for an attractive, functional, yet affordable outdoor storage shed for your yard or garden? Our sheds are built with attention to detail by the Pennsylvania Amish. No one has a better reputation for woodworking then the Amish. These skills have been passed down from generation to generation. Our custom sheds beat back the elements with top grade materials hand crafted to our high quality standards and your storage needs. Here at Champion Lawn we strive to bring you the highest quality shed at the most affordable price.
- 4″ x 4″ pressure treated foundation beam skids
- 2″ x 4″ kiln dried floor joists 16″ on center
- 5/8″ 5 ply plywood flooring
- 2″ x 4″ kiln dried sill plates on all 4 sides
- 2″ x 4″ kiln dried stud wall
- 1/2″ CDX plywood walls
- Jacks and headers in all door framing
- Strong double gusseted roof trusses 16″ on center
- 1/2″ CDX plywood roof sheathing
- Architectural shingles
- Duratemp 5/8″ T-111 fir siding. Available in 12 latex paint colors and one clear finish
- Maintenance free vinyl siding available in 8 colors
- Weather tight wrapped soffit and door trim
- Aluminum drip edge
- Jalousie windows or sliders depending on style of shed
Standard features on all Storage Sheds:
- Keyed latches
- Special turnbuckle door braces on swinging door
- 5/12″ pitch roof
- All sheds are built on pressure treated 4″ x 4″ skids
- A-frame shed walls are 6’6″ high
- Quaker shed walls are 7’6″ front wall and 6’6″ on back wall
- Maintenance free 1″ x 3″ Perma-trim
- Vinyl louvered shutters
- Gable vents
- Windows included
- Shutters included
- Architectural shingles
Vinyl Sided Storage Sheds standard features:
- Black keyed latches and black hinges
- Two 18″ x 27″ slider windows
- Vinyl louvered shutters
- Wrapped soffit and door trim
- NOTHING NEEDS PAINTED
Duratemp T-111 Sided Storage Sheds standard features:
- Two 18″ x 23″ Jalousie windows with louvered shutters on A-frame, Dutch and Quaker
- One 24″ x 16″ Jalousie window on 8′ wide mini barn
- One 60″ x 16″ Jalousie window on 10′ and 12′ wide mini barn
- Doors painted on both sides
- All sheds include one double doorDouble door sizes on Barn style storage sheds
70″ door heigh
|8' wide barns - 4' w. door||12' wide barns - 6' w. door||10' wide barns - 5' w. door|
Double door sizes on A-frame, Quaker and Dutch style sheds
70″ door height
|8' wide - 4'6" wide door||10' wide x 12' length and shorter - 4'6" wide door||10' wide x 14' length and longer - 5 wide door|
|12' wide x 12' length and shorter - 4'6" wide door||
12' wide x 14' length to 18' - 5' wide door
|12' wide x 20' length and longer - 6' wide door|
- Pressure treated ramps (heavy duty for automobiles)
- Custom window placement at no additional charge
- House windows
- Wood windows
- Aluminum slider windows 24″ x 27″ or 24″ x 36″
- Special size windows and doors
- Extra windows
- 9″ vinyl shutters
- Wood or Poly lumber flower boxes
- Overhead garage doors
- Ridge vents
- Weather vanes
- Pressure treated floors
- Pressure treated joists
- 7/12 roof pitch
We customize all our building styles through a full array of options to meet your personal tastes and needs. You won’t be disappointed. We guarantee it!
Site Preparation Guidelines: Your new storage shed will require a level site. This may require some digging to eliminate grades or humps. We recommend allowing sufficient time to prepare the site prior to delivery. This will result in an attractive installation and less ongoing maintenance for you. After the site is leveled we suggest adding 3 to 4 inches of 2B gravel to the site. This is inexpensive and provides excellent drainage for your storage shed.
Storage Shed Base: 2B gravel, 3 – 4 inches deep, and 1′ larger than the size of the storage shed. 2B gravel provides better drainage for rain or snow melt around the perimeter of the shed. Water that splashes directly onto the ground will eventually create a muddy area that will splash up onto the shed walls.
- To prepare a gravel base, remove the sod from an area slightly larger than the shed, level the site by removing dirt where necessary, and spread the gravel to a depth of about three inches. Tamp the gravel down with a piece of 4-by-4 or metal tamper until it is evenly distributed and the site is flat and level.
- A “frame” of pressure-treated 4×4’s or cement block will help keep the stone in place and create a neater appearance; however, it is not required
Not Recommended: Cinder blocks. Inevitably, there will be some “settling” after your shed is delivered and placed on site. Placing a shed up on cinder blocks greatly increases the risk that you shed will settle unevenly.
Site Access: Please be sure your site is accessible on the day of delivery. We ask that you provide a suitably prepared site and access to that site. Any trees and plantings must be removed. If you have a fence opening it must be 12′ wide for 10′ wide buildings and 14′ wide for 12′ wide buildings. For fences 8′ or higher, add 2′ extra.
Our delivery equipment is 4-wheel drive and we are able to traverse most terrain without any problems. However, the weather and ground conditions do effect our delivery schedule. We appreciate your patience and cooperation when the weather in not cooperating with us.
Permits: Regulations and requirements among different municipalities make it impossible for us at Champion Lawn to advise you on the exact requirements in your area. As the property owner, you are responsible for abiding by all municipal regulations in your particular area. We suggest that you find out all this information before ordering your storage shed. We will be happy to assist in any way we can by providing information concerning building specs and other aspects of construction that will ease the permitting process.
Please call for current delivery fees.